Action for Healthy Kids works to combat childhood obesity, undernourishment, and physical inactivity by helping schools become healthier places that assist kids in leading healthier lives. The organization partners with dedicated volunteers — teachers, students, moms, dads, school-wellness experts, and others — from within the ranks of its more than sixty-thousand-strong network to create healthful changes in schools.
1) School Breakfast Grants: Up to two hundred and fifty schools will receive grant awards ranging between $500 and $3,000 to support increased participation in school breakfast programs. Eligible schools may apply to pilot or expand a school-breakfast program, including alternative or universal alternative.
2) Game On Grants: Up to five hundred schools will be awarded grants in support of physical activity and nutrition initiatives needed for a school to become nationally recognized as a health-promoting school. Grant amounts will range between $500 and $1,000.
- Monday, February 4, 2019 – School portal opens to accept applications
- Friday, April 5, 2019 – Applications due
- Monday, May 13, 2019 – Award notifications
- Friday, May 31, 2019 – School Terms and Conditions due