Preparing the Next Generation of Charter Board Leaders
The Charter Board Leadership Academy was launched in 2018, in collaboration with Education Board Partners. This six-month institute creates a pipeline of diverse and dedicated Fellows to serve as the next generation of leaders in New Orleans charter schools.
Below you will find profiles of our 2018 CBLA Fellows.
We invite you to be a part of our mission. Participants include current charter board members, as well as active community members who have the passion and qualifications to assume leadership roles in charter schools. LAPCS works diligently to connect graduates that are not currently serving on a charter board with board opportunities.
Connecting Knowledge with Impact
The CBLA curriculum includes:
- Governance Academy: Standards of Effective Charter School Governance
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Fiscal Oversight
- Academic Oversight
- School Leader Support & Evaluation
- Charter Governance in New Orleans
- Crisis Communications
A Transformative Experience with Real Results
97% of Fellows
- have a greater knowledge of their roles and responsibilities as a current/future board leader
- are better equipped to be an effective charter school board leader
- have been given the tools to effect positive change across their school boards as a whole
100% would recommend the academy to others
Making Equity a Priority
The Charter Board Leadership Academy actively promotes and expands diversity on charter school boards. We empower community members to participate in the governance of our schools.
The Charter Board Leadership Academy is made possible through the generous support of the Walton Family Foundation.
Please contact Shannon Cian at (504) 291-8479 or email: email@example.com