LDOE Resources to Help Parents/Teachers Understand State Assessment Results
October 15, 2015
The Louisiana Department of Education (LDOE) has released a suite of parent and teacher resources designed to help support parents’ understanding of individual 2014-15 state assessment results for English language arts and math being sent to districts the week of November 9.
The resources include:
- PARCC Parent Resource Packet for Districts: A quick guide for districts on strategies to disseminate PARCC student results resources to parents.
- Parent Guide to PARCC Student Results: A guide to help parents read and interpret the PARCC student reports, with accompanying online resources.
- Parent Conversation Guide for Teachers: Talking points designed to help guide teachers’ conversations with parents about the PARCC student reports.
- PARCC Results Parent Night Presentation: PowerPoint presentation that schools and districts can use during parent nights in October to preview for parents the student reports and what to expect from them about their child’s performance on the PARCC tests.
- Model Parent-Teacher Conference Video: A video demonstrating a model parent-teacher conference around the PARCC student reports.
These resources are available in the Family Support Toolbox on the LDOE website, along with more information on the timeline for the release of 2014-15 assessment results. 400