Bethune Elementary School is interested in candidates for Teachers 3rd-8th for the upcoming 2018-2019 school year. Mary McLeod Bethune Elementary School prepares students to become lifelong learners and productive citizens in a global society. Our mission is to increase academic success by promoting educational development for all learners.
To plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in an elementary or secondary learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. Work is performed under the supervision of the principal.
Essential functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active
- Develops schemes of work, lesson plans, and tests that are in accordance with established
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the
- Provide appropriate feedback on
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use the information to adjust teaching
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school
- Prepare required reports on students and
- Participate in department, school, district, and parent
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues, and parents regarding student progress and student
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning
- Prepare classroom for class-
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance and
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and
Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economic and ability
- Encourage parent and community involvement, obtain information for parents when requested, promptly return phone calls and answer
- Participate in appropriate professional
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations as directed.
- Other duties as
Knowledge Skills and Ability Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A/B.S degree in teaching from an accredited institution or related field teaching
- State certification in teaching in the appropriate subject
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in
- Must have the ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual
- Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the total school
- Knowledge and implementation of relevant
- Meet professional teacher education requirements of the school, district, and state.
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer, hand-held learning devices, and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.