Teacher – New Orleans Charter Science and Mathematics High School (2021)
Teacher Job Description
New Orleans Charter Science and Mathematics High School is an open-admission public charter school that prepares all students for college admissions and successful careers. Sci High provides a rigorous high school curriculum with an emphasis on science and mathematics in a supportive environment of learning and respect that prepares students to make informed choices about post-secondary pursuits.
*Sci High is currently accepting applications for All Content Areas
We are looking for teachers to complement our dynamic group of educators. Teachers will be responsible for preparing and implementing rigorous academic instruction while also helping students to develop social-emotional skills. The ideal candidate will be passionate for the teaching profession with an ability to reach out to students and create a relationship of mutual trust.They will know how to engage a class and make learning meaningful for diverse learners.The goal is to help cultivate the students’ interest in education, and be their dedicated ally in the entire process of learning and development.
As a teacher, you are expected to:
- Develop and refine curricula, including a scope and sequence and lesson plans for each assigned course
- Participate in coaching cycles in order to constantly improve practice
- Coordinate with Exceptional Children’s Services to provide appropriate accommodations to students
- Hold high expectations for each student; behaviorally and academically
- Maintain a rigorous and engaging classroom
- Build positive rapport with students
- Make effective and timely use of school reporting systems; PowerSchool (attendance and grades) and KickBoard (behavior and culture tracking).
- Establish and maintain strong communication with all parents
- Develop and participate in initiatives to continually improve and enrich student learning.
- Lead teaching experience in a secondary classroom
- Bachelor’s degree in related content area or Bachelor’s degree and work experience in related content area; CTE teachers should be certified in the area of specialty.
- Experience serving students with IEP and IAPs and inclusion, gifted services
- Skilled in working with a diverse community
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
Commitment to the following beliefs:
- ALL students can learn and prepare themselves for college admissions and success as productive members of society.
- ALL stakeholders — staff, teachers, students, and parents — must agree that quality education is their shared responsibility.
- ALL stakeholders must be committed to high-quality standards and expectations of themselves and each other.
- Learning is a process of continuous improvement for ALL stakeholders.
- Effective collaboration and communication are essential to the success of our school.
- Diversity enriches our school community.
- A safe supportive learning environment is critical to our students’ achievement.
How to Apply:
Submit your resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org