Reports to: School Operations Director
Salary Range: Based on experience
Position Duty Days: Part-time
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Registered Nurse with Bachelor of Science
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification
- Registered Nurse License and Public Health Certificate (LA Board of Nursing)
- LA School Nurse License
- Bloodborne pathogen training
- Hearing and Vision Screening training
- Medication Administration Training
Characteristics of the Successful Candidate:
- Ability to work with students
- Growth mindset
- Reflective practitioner
- Creative problem solver
- Willing to take risks
- Highly organized
- Effective at time management
- Seeks out professional learning
- Willing to continue to learn and try new strategies/ protocols
- Willing to plan and work collaboratively with a team
- Able to build relationships with students from a variety of backgrounds
- Good communicator and active listener
- Assess and support individual student health needs.
- Follow procedures and programs to assess the health status of students with disabilities including immediate and chronic health problems.
- Collaborate with students and parent(s)/guardian(s) to follow individual health plan (IHP) for students with chronic health concerns, as needed.
- Maintain health records and follow the system in place for documentation of student health office activities, administration of medication, and specialized health care procedures for students.
- Communicate with other health professionals, as needed, to secure proper documentation of current diagnosis and plan of care. Disseminates information to other staff members, on a need to know basis, to ensure student safety and accommodate for student needs.
- Work collaboratively with special education social worker to assists students and families in identifying and utilizing available and appropriate community resources.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, a copy of certifications and three professional references to email@example.com