- Achieving significant improvement in academic performance of students with exceptionalities
- Providing instruction in small and large groups
- Using data to track student achievement
- Developing IEPs to promote students’ academic, physical, and social development
- Developing FBAs and BIPs as needed to address students’ behavioral and social needs
- Participating in daily, weekly, and quarterly meetings about student achievement
- Integrating weekly feedback and goal-setting into lesson delivery
- Willingness to be CPI trained
- After CPI training, implementing de-escalation techniques when working with students, as required
- After being trained in CPI, may be required to restrain a student
- Participating in the life of the school, including student activities and events
- Believe in the mission and values of Crescent City Schools
- Demonstrate past success working with students in urban settings
- Have a BA or BS degree
- Possess LA Teacher Certification (or equivalent certification in another state) or be enrolled in a certification program with successful passage of the required Praxis exams
- Knowledge of behavioral interventions a plus
- Bilingual a plus
About Crescent City Schools
Now in our seventh year as a nonprofit Charter Management Organization, our mission is to support and develop open-enrollment charter schools that raise student achievement and prepare students for college. As a part of the ongoing effort to rebuild New Orleans public schools, Crescent City Schools currently operates three PreK-8 open-enrollment charter schools: Harriet Tubman Charter School, serving 650 students located in the Algiers neighborhood; Akili Academy, serving 630 students in the Upper 9th Ward; and Paul Habans Charter School, serving 650 students located in Algiers. Each of our schools provides students with personalized learning and enrichment programs, focusing on civic engagement, sports and recreation, the arts, and academic achievement. Our organization creates life-changing educational experiences for students and, through this work, transforms a city.
Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
We offer an AMAZING benefits package.