In 1998, FirstLine Schools started the first charter school in New Orleans. FirstLine now operates four K-8th grade schools and a high school. Our mission is to create and inspire great open admissions public schools in New Orleans.
Our faculty is a diverse and talented group dedicated to our students’ success and to their own growth as teachers. Our schools are led by leaders who hold themselves accountable for student achievement and teacher development.
About Special Educator Leader Fellowship
Special Education Leader Fellowship (SELF) aims to improve the quality of special education programs by developing current and aspiring special education leaders and RTI coordinators through a uniquely designed 2-year Fellowship. The Fellowship provides formal training sessions, leadership coaching, professional learning communities, peer reviews, and visits to exemplary programs. In doing so, SELF accelerates the development of these middle leaders to create outstanding special education programming in schools. SELF is a FirstLine program.
Position Summary: The Operations Manager plays the important role of providing strategic and service-oriented support for all of SELF’s programming and internal operations. As part of a dynamic, growing program this position manages all behind-the-scenes processes to ensure that the SELF team and Fellows are set-up to achieve great outcomes for students. Specifically, this role is responsible for the following areas of work:
Training Session and Event Logistics
- Manage and refine the Peer Program Review process: scheduling dates with Fellows and Principals, communicating review details and materials with participants and sending a follow-up survey
- Collaborate with the Program Director on Fellow training sessions and oversee all logistical planning: drafting the workplan, communicating with Fellows and Principals regarding session details and pre-work, organizing session materials for participants, and booking travel for presenters
- Manage the planning of national school visit trips: arranging hotels, airfare, and transportation
- Plan social events for fellows and SELF staff
Fellow Recruitment, Selection, and Enrollment
- Manage and regularly refine the recruitment, selection, and enrollment process for new Fellows, including but not limited to:
- make the annual recruitment, selection, and enrollment plan, set the calendar of activities, and identify and manage action steps to achieve goals
- Design recruitment information session events and associated marketing materials
- Establish priority partnerships to leverage during recruitment
- Enter application materials and rubrics into database and track candidate progress
Finance and Data Systems
- Enter invoices into budget tracking platform (Coupa)
- Track purchase order completion
- Track budget expenses
- File AmEx bills and reimbursements
- Works with FirstLine Schools finance team to ensure all payments are processed
- Establishes and maintains data tracking systems for grant applications and reports and marketing materials
Office Management and Special Projects
- Manage and update organizational work plan of key dates, ownership of activities, and action steps
- Develop organization-wide systems and structures for SELF programs and internal operating norms and procedures
- Organize office space and materials
- Order materials and supplies
- Additional projects as needed
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who:
- is motivated by working behind-the-scenes to make sure others have what they need to do high-quality work
- likes creating systems and structures that make things more efficient
- is a proactive problem solver and eager to step in when issues are identified to find solutions
- wants to work directly with all members of a fast-growing, mission-driven program and build relationships with educators across a variety of schools
Reporting Relationship: The SELF Operations Manager reports directly SELF’s Executive Director.
- The ability to manage projects with a keen attention to detail and a strong aptitude to prioritize time efficiently
- Strong relationship-building skills demonstrated by the ability to build trust with a wide variety of individuals
- An eagerness for continuous personal development and a history of executing on feedback to improve performance
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to both internal and external partners via e-mail and in person
- A professional demeanor and utmost discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Ability to adapt to changing and challenging circumstances by staying positive and outcomes-oriented
- Strong proactive problem-solving skills and the willingness to speak up when something can be done more effectively
- The ability to work independently to achieve agreed upon expectations
- Ability to attend evening and weekend event to oversee the logistics
- Model the FirstLine commitments, SELF’s Core Values, and maintain a strong belief in every student’s ability to achieve in a rigorous college or career prep curriculum
- BA or BS degree
- Experience in project management, event planning, and/or administrative duties
- At least 2 years of professional working experience
- Teaching and/or operations experience in an urban public school
- Comfort with Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, and the Google suite (e.g. Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms, Classroom, etc.)
- Experience with the New Orleans education landscape
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
- Light lifting of equipment may be required (up to 20 lbs.)
How to Apply : Please send your resume and answers to the below questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Why are you interested in working for SELF?
- What makes you a strong candidate for the Operations Manager position and why are you excited about this role?
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. FirstLine Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package with a generous 403b plan.
FirstLine Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance.