SPECIAL EDUCATION INCLUSION TEACHER
Reports to the ESS Coordinator
10- Month Position
About Algiers Charter
Since our inception in 2005, Algiers Charter has proudly served as a staple in the educational community. From our very first day, we operated with the belief that all students can achieve educational success. As we transition to a two-school organization, our commitment to excellence and student achievement has never been stronger. We are forging a strategic path forward to build upon our growth and we are seeking dynamic educational leaders with a proven track record of success to help take our organization to the next level.
The educational landscape in New Orleans is one that requires significant and unrelenting performance and accountability. Our strategic plan for 2020 and beyond has unique operational, staffing and instructional designs so if you are ready to share our vision and commitment to student achievement and pathways, we invite you to submit an application to join our team.
What Success Means In This Position
The Exceptional Student Services Teacher-Special Education provides instruction for exceptional students with disabilities, deploying appropriate instructional services in accordance with each student’s Individualized Educational Plan (IEP).
Position Description & Expectations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Provide direct support to students in the classroom by delivering instruction and ensuring learning through a variety of co-teaching models and strategies.
- Ensure appropriate accommodations to the curriculum, lessons and learning environment. Instruction may be provided within the regular classroom setting, resource setting, and/or small classroom setting.
- Collaborate with the regular education teacher or multiple teachers to plan and present lesson plans, create/modify assessments, scaffold activities and differentiate instruction.
- Deliver small group or individual instruction addressing IEP goals, remediation needs, or Tier 1 curriculum support.
- Develop individualized Student Programs (IEP) for students, maintain compliance with all Federal Regulations and State Policies regarding the education of students with disabilities.
- Ensure appropriate accommodations to the curriculum, lessons and learning environment. Instruction may be provided within the regular classroom setting, resource setting, and /or small classroom setting.
- Provides consultation to classroom teachers regarding classroom adaptions, instructional modifications, adaptive equipment, behavior modification plans, and other similar instructional interventions to meet the needs of students with disabilities.
- Engage in Professional Development and Implement Tier 1 Curriculum in the areas of English, Math, Science and Social Studies.
- Design engaging classroom activities and differentiated lessons to ensure that all students may access the curriculum and benefit from the educational experience.
- Formally and informally assess the student learning (rather than relying solely on standardized curriculum) to create a comprehensive learning program.
- Assesses student progress and determines the need for additional reinforcement or adjustments to instructional techniques.
- develop and implement Behavioral Intervention Plans (BIPs) where necessary.
- Maintain accurate and confidential records of all assigned students.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors required Master Degree in Special Education preferred
- Lousiana Certification in Special Education preferred
- Experience in K-12 environment preferred
- Specific knowledge of subjects assigned and general knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Specific knowledge of the IEP process and requirements.
- Ability to instruct students at various academic levels and manage their behavior
- Strong organizational, communications, and interpersonal skills
Click to apply
This job posting will be posted until the job is filled.