Spanish Immersion Teacher, 3rd Grade
Our mission at International School of Louisiana is to provide a challenging education emphasizing language
immersion, international awareness, the celebration of diversity and community responsibility. The
employee must understand and support the school mission.
The Teacher is responsible for providing an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to
fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and psychological growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guided the learning process of students in the classroom achievement of curriculum goals and state
standards, as well as state and federal guidelines
- Implements instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in
meaningful learning experiences
- Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with
varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs
- Assists in assessing changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement.
- Perform professional responsibilities in terms of attendance, maintenance of records, timely
submission of reports, following schedules and duty, etc.
- Provides a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the
- Counsels with students, parents, counselors, and support personnel on a regular basis to give
feedback on student performance and to plan for instruction
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals
on a regular basis
- Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment
- Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and
- Ensures that student growth and achievement is continuous and appropriate for age group, subject
area, and/or program classification
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with students, parents, and schools, as
measured by ISL School Climate Survey results.
- Assumes responsibility for meeting his/her course and school-wide student performance goals
- Demonstrates gains in student performance
- Participates in professional development activities
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits
- Maintain compliance with all school policies and procedures
- Interacts collaboratively and productively with school site personnel
- Expresses thoughts professionally in oral and written language
- Possesses adequate technology skills
- Keeps abreast of current research, trends and issues in education by engaging in professional
- Documents and/or report attendance as prescribed by school, supplying all necessary documents for
processing of payment for services
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintains compliance with all school policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications, Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher required
- Teaching and online experience valued
- Teaching Certificate preferred
- Target language proficiency where appropriate
- Demonstrates strong work ethic to achieve school goals
- Displays effective multi-tasking and time management skills
- Have knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
- Have the ability to conform to an established work schedule
- Have effective interpersonal skills
- Computer/Technology knowledge (Student Data base, MS Office, Goggle Classroom, Smart Technology and any other applications) and utilizes all required and ISL computer applications
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and the work environment of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation,
etc.) part of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 40 pounds;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes
or similar elements;
- Normal setting for this job is an office/school setting.
- ISL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires ISL to provide reasonable accommodations to
qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss
Employee acknowledges that he/she is required to maintain a high standard of professional conduct. Breach
of said professional conduct includes but is not limited to: neglect of duty, dishonesty, and engagement in
acts that are contrary to ISL policy, unlawful activities, or any other conduct which is seriously prejudicial to
the school system.
This position will be evaluated on duties referenced in this job description, engagement in continuous,
purposeful professional growth and development and professional responsibilities.
Chain of Supervision: Assistant Principal and Principal
Supervises: Students and assistant teachers