- Obtaining students’ health history; providing health assessments and on-going counseling with students, parents, school personnel or health agencies
- Screening and evaluating deficiencies in vision, hearing, and growth
- Responding with urgency to student health and hygiene needs
- Maintaining, evaluating, and interpreting health data to accommodate individual student needs
- Developing and implementing student health plans
- Developing systems and procedures to provide emergency nursing services for injuries and illnesses
- Believe in the mission and values of Crescent City Schools
- Qualified to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Louisiana and hold an unrestricted license
- Certified in CPR
- At least 2 years’ experience in school health, community health, public health or pediatric nursing
About Crescent City Schools
Crescent City Schools is a nonprofit Charter Management Organization whose mission is to support and develop open enrollment charter schools that raise student achievement and prepare students for college. As a part of the ongoing effort to rebuild New Orleans public schools, Crescent City Schools currently operates three PreK-8th grade open-enrollment charter schools: Harriet Tubman and Paul Habans Charter schools, located on the West Bank; and Akili Academy, located in the Upper Ninth Ward. Our organization creates life-changing educational experiences for students and, through this work, transforms a city.
Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
We offer a fantastic benefits package.