Registrar – Office Manager – New Orleans Charter Science and Mathematics High School (2021)
Registrar – Office Manager
New Orleans Charter Science and Mathematics High School is an open-admission public charter school that prepares all students for college admissions and successful careers. Sci High provides a rigorous high school curriculum with an emphasis in science and in a supportive environment of learning and respect that prepares students to make informed choices about post-secondary pursuits.
The Registrar – Office Manager supports faculty, families, students, and guests by connecting them to or providing them with appropriate resources. This role also involves managing school registration and supporting the Director of Academic Guidance & Enrollment.
As a member of the Enrollment Team, you are expected to:
- Communicate with and update families on how to navigate the application and registration process to completion.
- Collect and track student registration paperwork, manage online registration system.
- Verify, collect, and maintain documents (doctor’s notes, etc.) for absences.
- Input absences into PowerSchool.
- Change absence status for students when teachers can no longer access.
- Answer calls related to absences.
- Forward monthly attendance records to Head of Student Services.
- Submit documents to Social Worker upon request.
- Responsible for forwarding bus requests and changes to the vendor and answering any bus related questions by families.
- Enter bus route information into Power School.
- Collect funds: Collect and record deposits from staff members and students for club activities, fundraisers, field trips, and other school-related activities.
- Communicate with outside partners: Communicate effectively and proactively with all outside partners, specifically families, visitors, vendors, guests.
- Create and implement efficient systems: Print and mail family communications. Create and manage helpdesk system for facility department. Manage the supplies, maintenance and repair schedule of the copy machines. Program the daily bell schedule.
- Communicate operational needs to administration: Direct calls and visitors to appropriate faculty members by triaging a guest or caller’s needs.
- Ensure compliance: Ensure compliance, specifically of securing student PII. Protect the privacy of faculty and families.
- Assist administration: Communicate with administration regarding student-specific enrollment information (entry/exit) Sort and distribute mail. Respond to emails and Google Chat in a timely manner. Communicate with Student Services via walkie-talkie, locate students via Power School and intercom system.
- Maintain records: Sign-in parents, guests, and school partners through the electronic system (Ident-a-Kid) and/or a paper system.
- Procurement of Supplies: Oversee inventory and order custodial, maintenance, and office supplies.
- Promote school mission: Consistently communicate our message about Sci High’s history, mission, and current initiatives.
- Duty: Maintain vigilant duty posts as assigned and during transitions
- Meetings: participate in faculty meetings: team meetings, professional development, Village Well
- Daily Schedule: Arrive at least 30 minutes before the school day starts and remain at least 30 minutes after classes at the end of every day
- Enforce Policies: Reinforce school-wide policies as outlined in the Student Handbook with all students
- Proven understanding of confidentiality requirements
- Records management and system knowledge
- Additional duties as required
Experience with the following is required:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Gmail System
- Integrated Student Information Systems
- Office Equipment (fax, copier, scanners, laminators, telephones, binding machines)
- Proficient Cash Handling
Experience with the following is highly desired:
- Databases/Student Information System (EnrollNOLA, OneAPP, Power School, Infinite Campus)
- Experience in a school environment
- Associate’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
Commitment to the following beliefs:
- ALL students can learn and prepare themselves for college admissions and success as productive members of society.
- ALL stakeholders — staff, teachers, students, and parents — must agree that quality education is their shared responsibility.
- ALL stakeholders must be committed to high quality standards and expectations — of themselves and each other.
- Learning is a process of continuous improvement for ALL stakeholders.
- Effective collaboration and communication are essential to the success of our school.
- Diversity enriches our school community.
- A safe supportive learning environment is critical to our students’ achievement.
Reports to: Director of Academic Guidance & Enrollment