Principal of Elementary Autism School
The Emerge School for Autism is seeking a Principal to lead a growing therapeutic elementary school for children with an Autism Spectrum Disorder in the Greater Baton Rouge area. We are looking to add an energetic, motivated, and innovative team member to lead tight knit team. As the leader of the first school in Louisiana designed specifically for students with Autism, the principal will need dynamic leadership schools and innovative problem-solving skills. The Principal of the Emerge School reports to the Executive Director of the Emerge Center.
Job Description: The Principal of the Emerge School is responsible for the vision, direction, daily management, and overall performance of the school. The Principal leads a group of educators and collaborates with therapists to create interdisciplinary programs for the students. The Principal is the face of the organization and needs to be comfortable being the face to donors, press, parents and staff. They will develop and maintain effective educational programs with the school to improve teaching and learning. The Principal will manage school operations, and above all, maintain high expectations for the Emerge School community.
Duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
a. Analyzes all available data about current practices and outcomes to shape school vision, mission and set ambitious, measurable goals
b. Uses vision, mission and goals to guide school improvement planning, change strategies, and implement instructional programs
c. Roots decisions in the vision, mission, and goals of the school and communicates clearly and consistently with our educators and the larger Emerge community
d. Incorporates diverse perspectives and builds consensus to provide equitable, appropriate, and effective learning opportunities for every student to achieve.
Teacher Support and Development
e. Uses or develops data systems and other sources of information to identify unique strengths and needs of students, gaps between current outcomes and goals, and areas for improvement.
f. Engages faculty, staff and school community by making decisions informed by vision, mission, data, research, and best practices to identify and eliminate barriers, shape plans, programs, and activities, and regularly review their effects.
g. Fosters a culture of adult learning based on shared vulnerability and trust; creates, facilitates, and supports quality professional development resulting in improved teaching and learning
h. Manage school finances in collaboration with finance support team
i. Prepare monthly board updates and collaborate with board chair on monthly board meetings
· Applicants must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in education.
· A current leadership certificate by Louisiana Department of Education is preferred.
· Experience running a classroom, and leadership in a school setting.
· 5 + years of experience in Elementary Education
· Strong collaborative, teaching, coaching and leadership skills to promote and support students with autism as well as staff needs
· Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
· Ability to work as part of an administrative team, using problem solving skills to support student success
· Organizational skills to balance the demands of a multi-tasking position
Compensation and Benefits
· Competitive salary based on experience
· Qualified employees earn medical insurance, retirement plan, paid vacation, sick, and holiday pay
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $74,000.00 – $84,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- education: 5 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Louisiana Educational Leadership (Preferred)
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible