Athlos Academy of Jefferson Parish is a new, tuition-free public charter school in Terrytown serving students in grades K-6 beginning in the 2018-2019 school year. The school’s mission is to provide high-quality educational opportunities for the whole child built on the three foundational pillars: Prepared Mind, Healthy Body, and Performance Character. Students will participate in four scientifically developed physical activity sessions each week, performance character is integrated into the culture of the school, and high academic achievement is an expectation for all students.
Reports to: Assistant Director and Classroom Teachers
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education: High School Diploma
Experience Required: Classroom experience preferred
Certification Required: n/a
Characteristics of the Successful Candidate:
• Growth mindset
• Reflective practitioner
• Creative problem solver
• Willing to take risks
• Highly organized
• Effective at time management
• Seeks out professional learning
• Willing to continue to learn and try new strategies/protocols
• Willing to plan and work collaboratively with a team
• Able to build relationships with students from a variety of backgrounds
• Good communicator and active listener
1. Assist with management of student behavior and discipline.
2. Use the classroom management plan consistent with an assigned teacher’s techniques and school-
3. Assist with student discipline including removal of disruptive students from class and escorting to
4. Help supervise students in all areas of the school including pick-up/drop-off, recess, lunch, etc.
5. Assist teachers with classroom instruction as assigned (individualized instruction, small groups, etc.)
6. Help teachers accommodate based on student needs.
7. Communicate student needs to general and special education teachers when appropriate.
8. Potentially meets with parent/guardians to discuss students’ needs and progress.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, three letters of recommendation and a copy of related certifications to: email@example.com