Athlos Academy of Jefferson Parish is seeking a middle school social studies teacher. Athlos Academy is a new, tuition-free public charter school in Terrytown serving students in grades K-6 beginning in the 2018-2019 school year.
The school’s mission is to provide high-quality educational opportunities for the whole child built on the three foundational pillars: Prepared Mind, Healthy Body, and Performance Character. Students will participate in four scientifically developed physical activity sessions each week, performance character is integrated into the culture of the school, and high academic achievement is an expectation for all students.
Position: Middle School Social Studies Teacher
Reports to: Literacy/Social Studies Instructional Coach
Salary Range: Competitive Salary and Benefits – based on experience
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree.
Experience Required: Teaching experience preferred, but not required.
Certification Required: Teaching certification required.
1. Plan, prepare, and deliver standards-based, student-centered instruction that engages all students and provides academic growth (following the mission, beliefs, and strategies of Athlos Academies 3 pillars of performance).
2. Ensure student growth and achievement in accordance with grade level expectations.
3. Differentiate instruction as needed to meet the academic, social, and emotional needs of all students.
4. Model the Athlos culture by exemplifying the 3 Pillars: Prepared Mind, Healthy Body, andPerformance Character (demonstrating 12 character traits, exemplifying a growth mindset and modeling a healthy lifestyle).
5. Accurately track student attendance, student progress, behavioral concerns, and classroom events.
6. Regularly and professionally communicate with parents/guardians and the community.
7. Participate in regular professional development, the school’s professional learning community and staff meetings to improve instruction.
8. Work collaboratively and communicate professionally with school leadership and other staff members to maximize effective instructional activities and build positive school culture.
9. Meet professional obligations by honoring schedules, deadlines, and all professional responsibilities.
10. Demonstrate the standards for effective practices of teachers.
11.Any other assigned duties as assigned.
Please email resume, cover letter, and teaching credentials to email@example.com