The Middle School Math Teacher is responsible for:
- Delivering instruction in the classroom and raising student achievement
- Long-term unit planning and daily lesson planning
- Collaborating with grade level and subject level teams and student support staff
- Participating in daily, weekly, and quarterly meetings about student achievement
- Integrating weekly feedback and goal-setting into lesson delivery
- Using data and assessments to improve practice
- Maintaining a classroom culture conducive to raising student achievement
- Communicating with parents or guardians about student progress
- Participating in the life of the school, including student activities and events
- Taking on other tasks, as needed
- Believe in the mission and values of Crescent City Schools
- Demonstrate past success working with students in urban settings
- Have a BA or BS degree
- Possess LA Teacher Certification (or equivalent certification in another state) or be enrolled in a certification program with successful passage of the required Praxis exams
About Crescent City Schools
As a nonprofit Charter Management Organization, our mission is to support and develop open-enrollment charter schools that raise student achievement and prepare students for college. Part of the ongoing effort to rebuild New Orleans public schools, Crescent City Schools currently operates three PreK-8 open-enrollment charter schools: Harriet Tubman Charter School and Paul Habans Charter School both located in the Algiers neighborhood, and Akili Academy in the Upper 9th Ward. Each of our schools provides students personalized learning and enrichment programs, focusing on civic engagement, sports and recreation, the arts, and academic achievement. Our organization creates life-changing educational experiences for students and, through this work, transforms a city.
Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
We offer a fantastic benefits package.