The Project Associate provides high level administrative support, implementation, and management of aspects of the overall strategic priorities for various teams (advocacy, programming, development, and conference) comprising the Louisiana Association of Public Charter Schools. This position will provide leadership in managing the new Louisiana Charter Schools Communications Collaborative.
Headquartered in Metairie, Louisiana, the Louisiana Association of Public Charter Schools (LAPCS) is a non-profit organization representing charter schools throughout the state. The mission of LAPCS is to improve education in Louisiana by supporting, promoting, and advocating for excellent public charter schools. More information about LAPCS can be found at www.LaCharterSchools.org.
Support Executive Director
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks set forth by the Executive Director including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments (plans, coordinates and ensures the Executive Director’s schedule is followed and respected); completing expense reports, composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Manages and organizes Executive Director’s email and completes other tasks as requested.
Support LAPCS Programs and Conference
Provide the following support to LAPCS staff and programs:
- administrative (such as, but not limited to, data entry (e.g. to Salesforce, Voter Voice, myEmma or other word processing programs or spreadsheets); perform daily office management tasks such as fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, creating spreadsheets and presentations, filing; responding to and ensuring that member questions are answered by appropriate staff as they arrive through the LAPCS “contact us” website form; sending and receiving correspondence; conducting a variety of internet research functions and
- event support – working with internal and external parties to initiate and facilitate the logistics related to event planning (such as, but not limited to assisting with conference logistics, external LAPCS events, and internal LAPCS events).
- May assist with overflow work from staff and programs as needed. May serve as team lead on special projects.
Manages Charter School Communications Collaborative
- Leads efforts in recruiting membership participation in statewide Charter School Communications Collaborative.
- Connects Charter School Communications Collaborative with subject experts in LAPCS’ consultant network, leading to meaningful and productive partnerships between experts and schools.
- Supports the Charter School Communications Collaborative to develop meaningful agendas, regular meeting opportunities, helpful resources, action plans for issues brought to the group for problem-solving consultancies.
- Identifies strategic and operational challenges and supports in identifying and implementing solutions (manages and follows through on analysis of data, impact, and next steps).
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal Project Associate candidate is a constant learner who strives to provide high-level administrative support at both the school and internal team levels in order to support, promote, and advocate for excellent public charter schools.
- Interpersonal skills — able to tune into others’ feelings, thoughts, and motivations and earn trust by consistently demonstrating integrity, authenticity, and professional competence.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Organization, planning, and attention to detail – a documented history of successfully and efficiently driving projects to completion.
- Analytical skills – able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions.
- Work ethic and follow through – lives up to verbal and written agreements.
- Steadfast commitment to LAPCS’ beliefs at all times.
Compensation and Benefits
LAPCS offers a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience and a strong benefits package. Interested candidates should email a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Associate: Your Name” in subject line.