|Mission: Our mission at International School of Louisiana is to provide a challenging education emphasizing language immersion, international awareness, the celebration of diversity and community responsibility. The employee must understand and support the school mission.
|Summary: Responsible for answering, commenting, and solving help desk tickets. Help desk is the first level of support, and response to our teachers, administrators and students. Acts as the service representative for Computer/Printer/Phone and local LAN, Hardware and Software. Works with the IT Director and Information Technology Coordinator on internal and external connection issues. Promotes the integration of educational technology into the curriculum through workshops and training sessions. Collaborates with faculty in designing and implementing technology-rich courses using ISL’s virtual learning tools (primarily Google Docs).
A strong aptitude in OS repairs, spyware removal, virus removal, hardware, software, troubleshooting, and upgrades. Updates and maintains a clear and concise inventory to track all hardware devices. Work requires knowledge of computer logic and methodology to run basic computer systems. Ability to read and comprehend instruction manuals in order to make repairs to computer equipment is necessary.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Educational Technology Management:
- Facilitates faculty workshops and training sessions relating to educational technology.
- Provides support for creating and maintaining virtual learning resources and serves as the secondary contact for students and faculty for Google Docs.
- Visits classes by request, to provide demonstrations of virtual learning tools.
- Creates documentation and/or designs online tutorials on using virtual learning tools.
- Researches and investigates the latest trends and developments in academic software and hardware used, including emerging technologies.
- Assists IT Director and Information Technology Coordinator in other duties as assigned.
- Maintains a clear and concise inventory of all hardware items.
Hardware/Software Service Supervisor:
- Troubleshoots IT equipment as needed, coordinating with Information Technology Coordinator and Director.
- Provides Desktop Support for all schools.
- Handles all Printing technical support.
- Provides support for all software installations and SAAS used on campus including Student Information, Library Check-in, Food Services and other systems.
Instruction and Research:
- Research, plan, and provide a Professional Development class to staff and teachers at least once a month.
- Maintain current awareness of emerging technologies, keeping in mind their possible application to the ISL educational services.
- Professional activities and presentations beyond own responsibilities are encouraged and noted, but not required.
- Actively support ISL mission.
- Perform special assignments and other duties as determined by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all school policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as required.
- Working knowledge of curriculum and the alignment of technology with the school’s strategic directions.
- Experience in providing training for adults.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with teachers, administrators and school staff.
- Working knowledge of ChromeOS
- Evidence of leadership and organizational skills.
- Considerable working knowledge of computer operating systems used in the school (e.g. Windows and/or Hyper-V Systems).
- Experience with local area networks and Windows networking software.
|Qualifications, Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related subject preferred.
- Minimum of two years of Experience working in the field.
- Demonstrated discretion and professional judgment when handling confidential information.
- Ability to implement solutions by communicating clearly, cultivating cross-campus and cross-department relationships, and tracking progress toward specific milestones.
- A demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school officials, parents, students, teachers, and support staff.
- Experienced knowledge of Microsoft Office products; Google platform; knowledge of Power School and other student data software. Ability to define problems, and resolve them quickly.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately with minimum supervision in a dynamic, interrupt-driven environment.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions; to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments; possess strong organizational skills.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and the work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) part of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 40 pounds;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements;
- Normal setting for this job is an office/school setting.
ISL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires ISL to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.
|Professional Conduct: Employee acknowledges that he/she is required to maintain a high standard of professional conduct. Breach of said professional conduct includes but is not limited to: neglect of duty, dishonesty, and engagement in acts that are contrary to ISL policy, unlawful activities, or any other conduct which is seriously prejudicial to the school system.
|Chain of Supervision: IT Director