Renew Schools is looking for a High School Teacher for 2018-2019 School Year.
ReNEW is dedicated to helping teachers become outstanding at their craft. With a focus on professional development and individual coaching at both the school-level and the network-level, we are committed to helping you become the best teacher you can be!
At ReNEW Accelerated High School, we advocate for the fundamental freedom to determine the course of our own lives. By designing customizable learning paths that advance depth of knowledge, we develop everyone’s ability to critically analyze challenging concepts without fear of failure. By building our ability to make well-reasoned and compassionate choices, we transform every interaction into an opportunity to advance our collective empowerment. We renew our commitment to innovative solutions to difficult problems. We renew our commitment to creating a customized path rooted in the needs of each student. We renew our commitment to show love for each other and our communities.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced high school teacher who is committed to working with students between 16-22 years old. We are pursuing candidates who are seeking to teach in an innovative setting that provides students with accelerated pathways to pursue the post-secondary and/or career goals of their choice.
Please note, this posting is for teaching positions that will be available for the 2018-2019 school year, which begins with professional development in late July 2018.
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
- 2+ years teaching experience (preferred)
- Experience and success with historically underserved populations of students
- Teaching certification, or willingness to pursue teaching certification
- A strong content knowledge in your teaching area
- The commitment and personal responsibility to do whatever it takes to help prepare our students for college and beyond
At ReNEW Accelerated High School, we expect our teachers to:
- Create a culture of learning. You will implement a student-led, positive, and safe classroom and school-wide environment in order to ensure learning is maximized.
- Be a content expert. You will plan rigorous, engaging, Common Core or GLE-aligned lessons and effectively execute them to ensure all students are working with content aligned to the appropriate standards for their subject and grade.
- Differentiate for all students. We believe all children can learn, so you will provide necessary accommodations and modifications for the growth and success of all students.
- Reflect. We believe that all teachers can improve in meaningful, measureable, and significant ways through great coaching. To that end, you will view feedback as a tool to improve and will receive instructional coaching to help prepare you and thus, your students, for greater success.
- Communicate and collaborate. You will be responsible for regularly communicating and collaborating with parents and other staff members to ensure each student is making strong academic and social progress. You will assume shared responsibility for all students’ success.
- Be a constant learner. You will regularly participate in school-wide and network-wide professional development and will be solutions-oriented.
SALARY AND COMPENSATION
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. ReNEW offers a comprehensive benefits package and teaching staff are FLSA exempt.
ReNEW is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. People from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Spanish language proficiency is a plus.
Click here to learn more information about:
- Why you should work at ReNEW
- What are our benefits?
- What is our process?