Help Desk Representative
Information Technology (IT)
Our mission at International School of Louisiana is to provide a challenging education emphasizing language
immersion, international awareness, the celebration of diversity and community responsibility. The
employee must understand and support the school mission.
Responsible for answering, commenting, and solving help desk tickets. Help desk is the first level of support, and response to our teachers, administrators and students. Acts as the service representative for computer/Printer/Phone and local LAN, Hardware and Software. Works with the IT Director and Information Technology Manager on internal and external connection issues. Promotes the integration of educational technology into the curriculum through workshops and training sessions. Collaborates with faculty in designing and implementing technology-rich courses using ISL’s virtual learning tools (primarily Google Docs).
A strong aptitude in OS repairs, spyware removal, virus removal, hardware, software, troubleshooting, and upgrades. Updates and maintains a clear and concise inventory to track all hardware devices. Work requires knowledge of computer logic and methodology to run basic computer systems. Ability to read and comprehend instruction manuals in order to make repairs to computer equipment is necessary.
- Troubleshoots IT equipment as needed, coordinating with Information Technology Manager and Director.
- Provides Desktop Support for all schools.
- Handles all Printing technical support.
- Provides support for all software installations and SAAS used on campus including Student Information, Food Services and other systems.
- Maintains a clear and concise inventory of all hardware items.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintain current awareness of emerging technologies, keeping in mind their possible application to the ISL educational services.
- Professional activities and presentations beyond own responsibilities are encouraged and noted, but not required.
- Actively support ISL mission.
Education and Work Related Experience:
Bachelor degree in computer science or related subject preferred. Minimum of two years’
successful training or experience working with local area networks required.
Knowledge, Ability, and Skills:
- Working knowledge of curriculum and the alignment of technology with the school’s strategic directions.
- Experience in providing training for adults.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with teachers, administrators and school staff.
- Working knowledge of ChromeOS
- Evidence of leadership and organizational skills.
- Considerable working knowledge of computer operating systems used in the school (e.g. Windows and/or Hyper-V Systems).
- Experience with local area networks and Windows networking software.
Requires operating computer equipment, moving and lifting computer equipment, and related peripherals up to 75lbs (bending, sitting, standing, walking, pushing, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity) to include cable connections (finger dexterity).