Role Mission: The Executive Assistant provides high-level administrative and logistical support to the Louisiana Executive Director for IDEA Public Schools by anticipating and responding to all of the detailed work that it takes to develop and operate a network of high-performing charter schools across south Louisiana.
IDEA VISION FOR SOUTH LOUISIANA
Working from the belief that having a good-paying job is the best way for children to escape poverty and that the best way to get and keep such a job is to have a college degree, IDEA Public Schools opens and operates high quality, college preparatory charter schools that send all students to and through college. For the past 10 years, in fact, 100% of IDEA high school graduates in Texas have been accepted into college or university, and IDEA’s college graduation rate is three times the national average for low-income students.
In May 2016, IDEA was granted approval from the East Baton Rouge Parish School Board to open four K-12 charter schools, beginning with two in 2018. As envisioned, the Baton Rouge schools will be the hub of a network of high-performing charter schools that serve children and families across south Louisiana. Our goal is to eventually become the state’s top producer of low-income college graduates.
Manage Executive Director calendar to at least 95% accuracy.
- Maintain executive’s appointment schedule by planning, scheduling, and confirming meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel
- Record, track, and communicate follow-up from meetings
- Conserve executive’s time by reading, researching, and routing email and other correspondence; drafting written communications; completing expense reports; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications
90% of participants “agree” or “strongly agree” that meeting/event logistics were managed well according to post-event/meeting surveys.
- Manage logistics and administration for board meetings, to include scheduling, drafting agendas, providing notice of meetings, preparing materials, etc., in accordance with applicable laws and policies set in bylaws
- Plan and execute all logistics for routine meetings, as well as for events and meetings that support strategic priorities, including staff training, staff and student recruiting, community relations, etc.
- Lead and/or assist in planning and coordinating schedules and logistics for visitors, board members, and/or Louisiana staff for travel to meetings or events hosted in IDEA’s Texas regions
100% of procurement/regulatory procedures are followed in compliance with business office/Louisiana Regional HQ policy.
- Reconcile 100% of credit cards assigned weekly (to include descriptions, account codes, and receipts) and complete monthly review by the 2nd business day of every month
- Ensure all logistics, administrative, and procurement procedures are followed
- Design and oversee adherence to office policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe, orderly, and secure working environment
100% task list completion by deadline.
- Provide administrative support to members of the Louisiana regional leadership team as necessary
- Coordinate with IDEA HQ to support the Louisiana region on HR-related matters
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Anticipate and independently manage the many small, though important, details for daily execution
Live values of IDEA
- Believes and is committed to our mission: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Is driven by outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- Embodies IDEA’s core values
- Mission Focus – focuses on IDEA’s core purpose of getting all students into college
- Communication – displays exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Organization – keeps self and others organized through development of efficient systems – accuracy is essential
- Problem Solving – able to synthesize, analyze, and prioritize information to develop strategies for achieving goals and objectives
Continuous Improvement – proactively identifies opportunities to improve and consistently reflects on past actions to guide future decisions
- Judgment – prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Composure – displays professionalism and grace under pressure
- Trustworthy – acts with integrity and maintains strict confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ successful experience supporting executives in a fast-paced, quickly changing, and highly ambiguous environment
- Experience managing projects with multiple inputs and multiple stakeholders
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Selection Process: After submitting your online application, IDEA will review your materials. Candidates with a track record of success who pass the initial application screening will be invited to a phone or video interview. Candidates who are successful with this second interview will move into final consideration by the hiring manager.