The NET Charter High Schools serve students who have dropped out of or been expelled from high school or who have struggled academically or behaviorally in traditional settings. The school’s name stands for: meeting Needs, raising Expectations, Training for life. Students at The NET earn a high school diploma and participate in internships with area employers in various fields. Our students leave school with the skills, confidence, and experience necessary to succeed in the career and education path of their choice. There are two campuses, The NET: Central City which opened in 2011 and The NET: Gentilly which opened in 2017.
As a NET Teacher, you have a tremendous impact on the curriculum, culture and class and program structure in order to ensure that each of your students develops to their greatest potential.
NET ELA-Humanities Seminar Teachers are responsible for:
✓ Planning and teaching multi-disciplinary, project-based seminar courses (generally English, Social Studies, and Electives)
✓ Building and leveraging transformative relationships for student growth
✓ Assessing and monitoring student progress on an individual and course level
✓ Constantly developing your own craft
- 3+ years teaching at-risk students with a demonstrated record raising student achievement
- A BA or BS required
- Louisiana Teacher Certification completed or in progress preferred
- Special Education certification and/or experience preferred
- Specialized interest and skills in working with students with learning and emotional difficulties
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, relationship building & management skills
- Learning mindset dedicated to effectively and innovatively problem solving and constantly improving
- Passion for improving educational opportunities for urban students and for being a part of a strong, mission-driven team
- Commitment to EQA’s mission, vision, and growth
- Start Date: August 2019
- Location: TBA
- Schedule: School is year-round with generous leave schedule.
- Salary: $45,000-$65,000 depending upon experience. Initial salary is set based on years of experience and degrees. Future salary increases are based on performance and responsibilities.
- Benefits: Comprehensive benefits and generous 403b retirement plan
- Reports to: Academic Dean
For more information or to apply, visit: www.thenetnola.org
or email: Elizabeth Ostberg, Executive Director, email@example.com