Reports to Principal
About Algiers Charter
Since our inception in 2005, Algiers Charter has proudly served as a staple in the educational community. From our very first day, we operated with the belief that all students can achieve educational success. As we transition to a two-school organization, our commitment to excellence and student achievement has never been stronger. We are forging a strategic path forward to build upon our growth and we are seeking dynamic educational leaders with a proven track record of success to help take our organization to the next level.
The educational landscape in New Orleans is one that requires significant and unrelenting performance and accountability. Our strategic plan for 2020 and beyond has unique operational, staffing and instructional designs so if you are ready to share our vision and commitment to student achievement and pathways, we invite you to submit an application to join our team.
What Success Means In This Position
The Disciplinarian models strong, mutually respectful relationships with students and families and supports teachers to do the same. In addition to serving on the school’s leadership team, the Disciplinarian coaches a portfolio of teachers, takes leadership of a particular subject or grade level, and facilitates high-impact professional development for staff.
Position Description & Expectations
- Assist Dean of Culture with the ACSA School Culture Guide
- Provide support staff with classroom management and school culture
- Process behavioral incidents with students and teachers
- Track student referrals to identify patterns and inform interventions
- Manage the implementation of a school-wide PBIS and character education program
- Meet with teachers and staff about school and classroom culture issues.
- Disseminate ACSA School Culture Best Practices to faculty and staff
- Manage the Behavioral/Social piece of the Response to Intervention Model (RTI).
- Observe classrooms to identify opportunities for improving school culture initiatives
- Provide feedback to teachers, based on data from PBIS and character education program initiatives
- Collaborate with staff to implement behavior interventions, track referral data to make informed decisions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience transforming school-wide culture/climate, PBIS, and character education preferred.
- Three to five years of successful teaching experience
- Valid Louisiana Teaching Certificate with Louisiana Certification preferred