Director of Finance & Human Resources – New Orleans Sci High (2021 – 2022)
Director of Finance & Human Resources
New Orleans Charter Science and Mathematics High School is an open-admission public charter school that prepares all students for college admissions and successful careers. Sci High provides a rigorous high school curriculum with an emphasis in science and in a supportive environment of learning and respect that prepares students to make informed choices about post-secondary pursuits.
The Director of Finance & HR administers all public and private funds received by the school. Manages payroll and benefits for employees and supervises the Finance & HR Assistant and other finance personnel as hired.
As the leader of the Finance Team, you are expected to:
• Communicate with outside partners: Communicate effectively and proactively with all
outside partners, specifically the Advocates, Foundation, NOLA- Public Schools, LDOE,
auditors, banks, credit card company, payroll company, retirement agency and insurance
• Create and implement efficient systems: Oversee the implementation and execution of
finance and human resource policies and procedures adopted by the board and/or requested by the principal to ensure proper oversight and controls with respect to organizational assets and legal requirements.
• Communicate financial and HR needs to administration: Oversee Finance & HR Assistant through regularly scheduled meetings. Communicate financial needs to principal through regularly scheduled Finance and HR meetings, as well as through reports and analysis when requested. Report finance performance to the Advocates Board and principal.
• Ensure compliance: Provide required Finance and HR reporting to local (NOLA- Public
Schools), state, and federal agencies with jurisdiction over the school. Review federal grant
requests for financial compliance with grant regulations. Monitor compliance of bookkeeping methods & procedures. Responsible for the following reports:
Annual Financial Report (AFR),
Profile of Personnel (PEP),
Quarterly Financials to NOLA- Public Schools,
Periodic Expense Reports (LDOE),
And other reports as needed or required.
• Oversees completion of annual audit and 990.
• Budget Preparation & Monitoring: Leads financial planning process and finalizes annual
budget with leadership team. Monitors budgets and updates leadership monthly.
• Procurement: Ensures compliance with procurement policy. Reviews and monitors vendor contracts.
• Monitors grants and prepares reimbursement requests through LDOE’s online E-Grants
• Assist faculty: Assist faculty with HR needs/requests, payroll, employee benefits,
beginning and end of employment procedures and documentation.
• Maintain records: Maintain and safeguard all required HR and Financial
Documentation as provided for in Charter Laws and Board Policy.
• Promote school mission: Consistently communicate solutions and problem-solving in regards to HR & Finance matters in line with Sci High’s history, mission, and current initiatives. Represent the school internally and externally as a school administrator.
● Business BS Degree, preferably Accounting
● Min of 5 years related experience, preferably public school setting
● Experience in non-profit accounting
To Apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to Dr. Monique Cola, Head of School, via email to email@example.com