Development Representative – International School of Louisiana (2022)
New Orleans, LA
Mission: Our mission at International School of Louisiana is to provide a challenging education emphasizing language immersion, international awareness, the celebration of diversity and community responsibility. The employee must understand and support the school mission.
Under the direction of the Director of Communications & Development, the Development Representative seeks innovative opportunities and provides support for all fundraising and marketing functions within the department to further the mission of the organization and meet the goals of the Department of Institutional Development. The Development Representative provides support for all organizational, departmental, and campus events, activities through communications, marketing materials and collateral to assist in the organizations Fundraising and Marketing efforts; assists in maintaining the integrity and consistency of the ISL brand in all marketing and publicity materials, social and electronic media, and all other ISL communications. The Development Representative also serves as the communications liaison between the Department of Institutional Development parents/students, staff members, and externally to the community at large, managing all communications methods to those audiences. The Development Representative manages and maintains the department filing systems and database.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Culture, Ethics and Integrity
· Understands, communicates, and exemplifies the goals and vision of the organization.
· Contributes to and maintains the organization’s core values.
· Must work with determination, a sense of urgency and pride in the work produced, exceptional work ethic.
· Helps create an environment and culture that enables the organization to fulfill its mission by meeting and exceeding its annual and long-term goals by: conveying the school’s mission to all staff, motivating and providing all staff with the resources required to improve performance and holding staff accountable to performance.
B. Operational Expectations
· Work with Director of Communications & Development to implement the annual comprehensive strategic development plan inclusive of Fundraising, Marketing, and Fundraising events.
· Work with Director of Communications & Development to implement marketing campaigns for the Fundraising plan and events inclusive of Grants, Annual Fund, Major Gifts, Special Events, Planned Giving, and Business support.
· Assist in developing, maintaining, and distributing all organizational promotional and collateral materials; keeping the brand relevant and the marketing approach innovative.
· Responsible for assisting Admissions and the Campuses with marketing material, advertising support, and promotional items for recruitment and retention campaigns, inclusive of: current parents, prospective parents, organizations and prospective sponsors, and overall recruitment activities.
· Responsible for assisting departments and campuses with web site and social media support, keeping all internet communications relevant, current, and accurate.
· Create and maintain comprehensive and targeted marketing database, an accurate demographic and enrollment list from the school database
· Clearly articulate ISL’s academic programs, organizational mission and values in all outreach presentations and activities.
· Assist or Represent the organization at on and off-campus community, business, and organizational events, informational presentations, etc.
· Provide photo and video coverage at all campus events and Development presentations. Maintain current and relevant photo archive of all ISL organizational and campus events, students, and activities. Maintain current list of student waivers.
· Responsible for the setup of AV equipment and creation of digital presentations at on or off campus Development events
· Responsible for the production and distribution of the newsletter and communicating Development events and campaigns to the campuses for their campus newsletter.
· Assists in Volunteer Coordination and delegating work and managing output and results
· Assists in event production and coordination for Development Fundraising events
· Responsible for managing Department’s filing systems and database
· Responding to customer enquiries and complaints
· Social media management
C. Strategic Planning
· Planning and executing integrated efforts in alignment with Fundraising and Marketing priorities in the Department of Institutional Development
D. Resource Management
· Serve as liaison resource between ISL stakeholders and the Department of Institutional Development.
· Ensure that projects and tasks are completed timely, accurately and within budget.
· Collaborate with departments to ensure distribution of collateral and marketing materials at recruiting events and activities such as individual and/or group tours, open houses, and school fairs.
· Demonstrate adaptability and the ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative and productive manner.
· Engage volunteers with respect and integrity to maximize efficiencies in implementation of marketing and recruiting responsibilities.
· Attend all Department of Institutional Development Events
· Attend events in representation of the organization and the Department of Institutional Development.
· Ability to provide constructive and meaningful input, direction and motivation to others.
· React and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
· This position may entail extended workdays, weekend duties, on-call responsibilities, and the ability to handle and balance multiple demands at one time.
· Ability to self-evaluate work by measuring results against set goals and objectives
Qualifications, Education and Work Experience:
Must have exceptional communication, problem-solving and organizational skills. Must be a creative and strategic thinker. Must have experience with managing filing systems and organizational databases. Desired experience in non-profit marketing, fundraising, and/or event planning, and event production. Must be organized, self-motivated, and disciplined to self-direct, work well independently with a high standard of efficiency and ability, and yet have the ability to be a team player with others in a highly collaborative environment. Must be able to work in fast paced environment, able to juggle multiple projects, overlapping deadlines, and be adaptable to changes in pace. Must be highly experienced with Microsoft Office products. Desired knowledge and experience on Internet and social media platforms, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe InDesign.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and the work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
ISL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires ISL to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, lift, walk three flights of stairs, stand or sit for prolonged periods; have dexterity of hands and fingers to operate office equipment; occasionally lifting up to 50lbs. Communicate effectively and positively verbally and in writing with impeccable customer service skills.
Other Requirements: Must have a valid driver’s license.
Professional Conduct: Employee acknowledges that he/she is required to maintain a high standard of professional conduct. Breach of said professional conduct includes but is not limited to: neglect of duty, dishonesty, and engagement in acts that are contrary to ISL policy, unlawful activities, or any other conduct, which is seriously prejudicial to the school system.
Chain of Supervision: Director of Communications & Development