Minimum Qualifications Required: Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred and/or action towards obtaining an
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of successful teaching and/or school leadership experience in a multi-
cultural/diverse setting. Experience as a Dean or Assistant Principal preferred.
Certification Preferred: Principal Certificate and/or Education Administrator License.
Characteristics of the Successful Candidate:
• Growth mindset
• Reflective practitioner
• Creative problem solver
• Willing to take risks
• Effective at time management
• Excellent organization, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Able to build and support a culture of trust and collaboration
• Willingness to plan and work collaboratively with a team
• Seeks out professional learning
• Knowledge of state/national standards
• Knowledge of best practices and a willingness to continue to learn and try new strategies
• Knowledge of standards-based grading, student-led conferences, active teaching strategies, and effective
classroom management strategies
- Model the Athlos culture.
- Participate in and provide professional development.
- Communicate with parent/guardians and the community professionally.
- Assists with additional duties connected to school leadership while developing a strong school climate.
- Work collaboratively with the Dean of Students and school staff to ensure school compliance with required school safety and behavior policies including suspension/expulsion, student conduct hearings, anti-
bullying and harassment programs and Positive Behavior Support Plan implementation.
- Lead implementation of student recognition programs including PBIS incentives and performance
character Celebrations of Growth.
- Design and implement professional development opportunities for staff related to PBIS and Restorative
- Lead implementation of schoolwide performance character strategies including kickoffs and community
- Assist the special education department in meeting the needs of special education students and students
who are referred to special education, by using de-escalation techniques, documenting behaviors, observing special education students in classrooms, and assisting special education staff with developing behavior plans
- 10. Co-facilitate Student Assistance Team (SAT) meetings, take notes and discuss any changes needed for
- Serve on the PBIS/Restorative Practices Team
- Other duties as assigned.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, three letters of recommendation, transcripts and a copy of your license to firstname.lastname@example.org