Our mission at International School of Louisiana is to provide a challenging education emphasizing language
immersion, international awareness, the celebration of diversity and community responsibility. The
employee must understand and support the school mission.
Responsible for the cleanliness and safety of all International School of Louisiana facilities and
grounds. Also, to maintain the school’s physical facilities in a clean and safe condition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleans and maintains all school facilities and grounds
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms.
- Clean, mop, wash, and vacuum floors in classrooms, hallway, offices and cafeteria.
- Empty trash.
- Maintain outside walk areas including sweeping debris and washing walkways.
- Clean and polish fixtures.
- Remove recycling materials.
- Clean windows.
- Dust furniture.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Summer – painting, minor repairs to building, etc.
- Maintains all cleaning tools and carts and other cleaning equipment
- Conducts self and activities to make safety and security on school site a high priority
- Reports any maintenance concerns to supervisor or designee so that repairs can be made
- Assists in moving furnishings, equipment and other as needed on the campus
- Reports to supervisor any personal items found while cleaning
- Responsible to all personnel procedures that affect payroll and employment
- Communicates effectively with Custodial Supervisor and other custodial staff
- Communicate effectively with Director of Facilities, faculty, staff, parents and students
- Maintains confidentiality regarding personnel and educational records
- Perform special assignments and other duties as determined by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all school policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications, Education and Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- Experience cleaning schools or other large facilities, preferred.
- Ability to work around students, faculty, staff and parent volunteers, required.
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision is needed.
- Ability to take direction is required.
- Practical knowledge and experience using various cleaning tools, electrical floor care equipment and
cleaning products is required
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and the work environment of the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Work is performed inside and outside the property with exposure to inclement weather
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, lift, walk three flights of stairs, stand or sit for prolonged periods;
preside scheduling and project management skills.
- Travel between campuses and meetings (rarely)
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 50 pounds (moderate)
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) (moderate)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and also
climb stairs. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include corrected vision such as to read
handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or
- This position may entail extended workdays, weekend duties, on-call responsibilities, and the ability to
handle and balance multiple demands at one time.
- Normal setting for this job is an office/school setting
ISL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires ISL to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified
individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.
Employee acknowledges that he/she is required to maintain a high standard of professional conduct. Breach
of said professional conduct includes but is not limited to: neglect of duty, dishonesty, and engagement in
acts that are contrary to ISL policy, unlawful activities, or any other conduct which is seriously prejudicial to
the school system.
Chain of Supervision: Director of Facilities