Coordinator of Academic and Organizational Development
Lake Charles College Prep
- A valid Louisiana Teaching Certificate (or a certificate from another State that will be recognized by Louisiana) which includes an endorsed authorization to serve as a Principal
- Possession of a master’s degree in Education with certification as a Principal — five years’ experience as a Principal
- History of excellence in organizational management, supervision, and team leadership
- Experience in financial management and oversight
- Excellent Communication skills shown in both written and oral form
President of the Board of Trustees
- Coordinate Academic and Organizational Development
- Maintain regular contact with the leadership of LCCP, LCCA, and SWLCA
- Represents the Board and LCCP to the larger community
- A 12-month employee
- Subject to Employment Policies of the SWLCA Foundation, Inc.
- Subject to all employment laws of the State of Louisiana
- Subject to the salary and benefits established by the SWLCA Foundation, Inc.
- Subject to the rules and regulations of the LA DOE
I. Coordinates Academic and Organizational Development
A. Academic Development
- Assists the Principal, and others selected by the Principal, to evaluate the current academic program and to develop an innovative academic program in compliance with the expectations of the Louisiana Department of Education and in alignment with Lousiana Standards.
- Serves as LCCP’s liaison with the McNeese College of Education to develop a collaborative relationship to benefit LCCP’s curriculum and professional development. Directs teacher certification.
- Develops a relationship with the College of Education at McNeese State University, Lamar University, ULL, Xavier University, and other universities so that these Colleges of Education are aware of LCCP and to recruit potential faculty members.
- Regular contact with appropriate representatives of the Louisiana Department of Education and Board of Elementary and Secondary Education (BESE).
- Represents the Board of Trustees and LCCP in media relations for the promotion of LCCP and its programs.
- Assures that accreditation is maintained with regional and national organizations as is appropriate. This includes but is not limited to AdvancedEd.
B. Organizational Development
- Oversees and manages what is often referred to as “back office” operations.
- Accepts ultimate responsibility for budget development, budget management, and compliance with State and Federal laws and the requirements of the Louisiana Department of Education.
- Participates in the annual budget development in collaboration with the Board of Trustees and the Principal of LCCP.
- Monitors monthly income and expenditures and presents a monthly report to the Principal and the Board of Trustees. Works with the chosen accounting firm to assure accuracy in all financial reports.
- Works with LCCP’s Grant Coordinator seeking additional and supplemental funding from Federal, State, Local, and private sources.
- Assures the timely filing of compliance reports, including, but not limited to, financial, academic, and grant reports.
- Oversees the annual REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS process with vendors providing service to LCCP.
- Serves as ADMINISTRATOR for services such as Health/Hospitalization insurance, All operational insurance programs, Retirement Program, all similar forms of outside services unless explicitly delegated to another person.
- Oversees the Grievance Process for properly filed grievances submitted by parents, students, and staff members.
II. Maintains Regular Contact with Leadership of LCCP, LCCA, and SWLCA
- Facilitates meetings with the leadership of LCCP, LCCA, and SWLCA on a regular basis and in times of special need to assure that we operate as one system with three schools.
- Facilitates meeting with appropriate representatives of LCCP, LCCA, and SWLCA at least once each semester to develop and implement a seamless matriculation plan for students in Pre-K – 12th grade.
- Informs the leadership of LCCA, SWLCA, and LCCP of available grant opportunities.
- Assists schools, as requested, in the expulsion process.
III. Represents the Board and LCCP to the Larger Community
- Represents the Board of Trustees to the Louisiana Department of Education and its departments. Informs the Board of Trustees of pertinent Information and requirements of the LA DOE.
- Maintains contact with the CSUSA Louisiana officials and facilitates networking opportunities with other charter entities and with the Louisiana Association of Public Charter Schools (LAPCS).
- Informs the Board of Trustees of developments with the Calcasieu Parish School System.
- Represents the Board of Trustees within the larger Lake Charles Community.
- Serves as the spokesperson for THE CHARTER SCHOOL OF LAKE CHARLES with media.
To apply, send resumes to this email. Please include Coordinator of Academic and Organizational Development in the subject line.