Communications Manager – Louisiana Association of Public Charter Schools
We’re looking for an experienced communications professional who understands the importance of traditional and digital communications in educating families, school communities, Louisiana residents, and other important audiences about public charter schools. If you’re passionate about creatively managing and implementing public relations and communications strategies and campaigns, then you’re the perfect candidate.
The candidate will have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and can quickly pivot from project to project and maintain strong communication skills, and is a solid manager of people, projects, and ideas. This professional will spend their days collaborating with the Director of Communications to expand awareness and understanding of public charter schools and the work of LAPCS.
Headquartered in Metairie, Louisiana, the Louisiana Association of Public Charter Schools (LAPCS) is a non-profit organization representing charter schools throughout the state. The mission of the Louisiana Association of Public Charter Schools is to advance equity and educational access through the advocacy, support, and promotion of excellent charter schools in Louisiana. This position will be in the Lake Charles area with some travel statewide and to the Metairie office required.
More information about LAPCS can be found at www.lacharterschools.org.
Every day is different. This position will have a broad range of responsibilities, some of which include:
- Managing and writing internal and external communications materials and ensuring that all content meets message consistency and accuracy;
- Serve as a brand gatekeeper for the organization and create brand-aligned marketing materials;
- Managing, designing, and writing newsletters for all divisions of LAPCS;
- Creating digital content across platforms to increase awareness of charter schools in Louisiana;
- Support the Director of Communications on executing annual communications plans for the organization;
- Manage and create content for the website to ensure all content is up to date and engaging;
- Support public relations by writing, editing, and pitching content internally and externally;
- Support external events and coordinate vendors, deliveries, set up, and decor;
- Organize and maintain marketing and communications library for Team LAPCS;
- Use Canva.com Pro Series to create content for various communications platforms;
- Use data and analyze it to support storytelling.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal Communications Manager candidate develops, integrates, and implements a broad range portfolio of communications, public relations, media, and community engagement tools and practices to be used in supporting, promoting, and advocating for excellent public charter schools.
You are a confident communicator, ideally with three to five years of experience in communications/public relations. You have strong writing, editing, and presentation skills and a wide degree of creativity. You have the proven ability to multitask, set priorities, develop a plan with metrics and see it through – and do what it takes to meet deadlines. You can deal with ambiguity and understand the importance of being flexible and adaptable. You thrive in a collaborative environment while taking the initiative and making things happen. And you have a bachelor’s degree as well as a good sense of humor.
Compensation and Benefits
LAPCS offers a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience and a strong benefits package. Interested candidates should email a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications Manager: Your Name” in the subject line.