Local charter school is seeking a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to direct and manage the support operations of the school, including purchasing/special events, maintenance, transportation, child nutrition, security, grounds, custodial, information technology, construction management, risk and capital planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in management, operations, education or related field;
- Master’s degree in a business-related field or educational administration preferred
- Advanced technical knowledge of school operations and effective management practices
- Ability to manage and coordinate diverse single site functions through subordinate directors/managers
- Working knowledge of data processing systems and financial applications
- Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
- Calm and patient demeanor with students and others
- Passion for education and student success
- Five years experience in operations management or related field preferred
- Past experience in managing large construction projects a plus.
- Preferred experience in educational support operations or related experience
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Ensure that support operations are supportive of the instructional goals and objectives of the district and the attainment of the campus performance objectives (academic excellence indicators).
- Develop long-and-short-range objectives and goals for the support operations of the school district.
- Provide for effective two-way communication with staff, community, media, and Helix School Board.
- Keep the Chief of Academics informed on the support operations of the school.
- Plan and conduct needs assessments for growth and improvement of the school support operations.
- Work with the Chief of Academics in projecting student enrollment, staffing needs, building and facilities needs, energy needs, capital equipment needs, and other cost items for district and individual school improvement.
- Prepare, review, and revise job descriptions in the support services departments.
- Develop training options and/or improvement plans to ensure the best operation in the area of support operations.
- Evaluate job performance of employees to ensure effectiveness.
- Make sound recommendations relative to personnel placement, transfer, retention, and dismissal.
- Direct and manage support operations of the district including purchasing, special events, child nutrition, transportation, maintenance and custodial programs, construction management, risk management, environmental safety, and technology support.
- Ensure that programs are cost-effective and funds are managed prudently to stay within budgeted guidelines.
- Provide leadership to achieve cost-effective practices.
- Compile departmental budgets and cost estimates based upon documented program needs collaboratively with the Chief of Academics.
- Ensure that preventive and proactive processes and systems are in place for support operations to ensure long term success.
- Implement the policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and the local board policy in the area of business and support operations.
- Demonstrate support for the district’s student management policies and expected student behavior related to operational aspects of the school (transportation, food services, classroom facilities, etc.).
- Develop professional skills appropriate to job assignment.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, responsible, and serve as a role model for all district staff.
- Articulate the schools mission to the community and solicit its support in realizing the mission.
- Demonstrate awareness of district/community needs and initiate activities to meet those identified needs.
Supervise and evaluate the performance of Business Manager, Director of Maintenance, Information Technology Contractor, Director of Child Nutrition and Chef, and Director of Transportation
PLEASE APPLY HERE: email@example.com