JCFA, a non-traditional charter high school organization in Greater New Orleans, seeks an experienced and ambitious Chief Academic Officer/Campus Director (CAO) for the JCFA East campus. JCFA Charter Schools provide a non-traditional pathway for Louisiana students to earn a high school diploma. Our campuses feature a low 10:1 student-teacher ratio, and blends on-line academics with daily in-class instruction. JCFA’s year-round flexible schedule allows students to maintain jobs, to support their families and communities, and to explore opportunities unavailable in traditional high school programs.
JCFA is a Louisiana homegrown and locally operated Charter Management Organization, and a member of the Louisiana Association of Public Charter Schools. JCFA currently operates three schools in the Greater New Orleans area and a fourth school in Lafayette.
Our ideal candidate is one who is committed to the success of all students and whose experience, knowledge, and drive will set the tone for a supportive school climate that challenges and motivates our diverse stakeholders. The CAO must have a passion for fulfilling JCFA’s mission to provide students an alternative path to earning a high school diploma in a safe and nurturing environment.
To be successful in the role of Chief Academic Officer/Campus Director, candidates must have a:
- Commitment to JCFA’s mission, vision and attainment of academic and programmatic goals
- Passion for improving educational opportunities for urban students and for building a strong, mission-driven organization
- Vision for success that includes leading and developing a team of dedicated faculty and staff members
- Strong sense of self and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and management skills
- Strong background in using data to drive student, faculty, and staff development
Desired qualifications are:
- 3-5 years of documented experience as a leader in an education setting (secondary education preferred), and documented experience supporting at-risk middle and/or high school students
- Demonstrated record of success working with at-risk students
- MA or M.Ed., and current Louisiana or transferable School Administrator/Principal certification, or working towards the certification through an accredited program
- Experience working with or on a non-profit Board
- Demonstrated success in recruiting, selecting, leading, motivating and coaching a team of teachers and staff
- Experience implementing school budgets and innovative strategies for maximizing school resources
- Ability to collaborate with parents, staff and students to ensure school discipline, safety and academic standards are upheld
- Demonstrated use of data to drive instruction and developing good policies and practices
JCFA East’s Chief Academic Officer/Campus Director (CAO) reports directly to the Executive Director and manages all JCFA East faculty and staff.
Key responsibilities of the CAO position include:
- Providing instructional leadership and excellent student achievement results through focus on the four basic elements of: curriculum, instruction, performance and evaluation
- Implementing the campus’ budget assuring student success and JCFA’s mission are the focus of every resource
- Evaluating campus based staff using JCFA and COMPASS rubrics
- Supporting the Executive Director in generating public support for the school’s program
- Knowing charter school law, including the implications on the educational program and on liability, keeps abreast of developments and consults with the Board of Governance and Executive Director
- Implementing school-wide student-centered, individualized instruction, self-paced and problem-based learning to State and District standards
- Openly communicate with school stakeholders: students, parents, and community members
- Communicating daily with the Executive Director regarding, but not limited to, human resources, facilities, student, and resource concerns and opportunities
- Working with the CMO to develop strategic campus based goals and SLTs
- Modeling and enforcing all JCFA policies for students, faculty, and staff, and models JCFA’s expectations and supporting students in meeting those expectations
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and three professional references to Millie Harris, Executive Director HR@jcfa.co. Additional information about JCFA can be found on our website: www.JCFA.co
JCFA offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and education, and a comprehensive benefits package which includes health insurance, paid leave and matched 401K contributions. JCFA anticipates interviewing candidates in February 2018. The anticipated start date for the position is April 1, 2018. JCFA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.