Mission: Provide safe transportation for up to 1,000 students on a daily basis while reducing operational cost. Successfully manage a team of up to 20 people as well as interacting and partnering with campus leaders to drive success.
Plan, coordinate and oversee the routing, scheduling and daily operations of the transportation department at the campus level; assure compliance with time schedules and applicable laws, codes, rules and regulations; use geographic mapping and routing computer programs to plan the most efficient and effective bus routes and assist in planning school boundary changes; train, supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; perform related duties as assigned.
The following accountabilities represent the overall driving goals for this position:
- The safe transportation of all students is the #1 priority. This will be achieved by having “0” preventable incidents/accidents.
- Maintain an efficient operation that does not exceed a Cost Per Mile of $3.70.
- Create a work environment where team members thrive with a minimum of 85% transportation staff retention
- Maintain fleet in safe operating condition while having a 7% savings on maintenance cost over a previous year, by utilizing ServiceFinder
- Utilize Transfinder to create/update routes at the campus level
- Provide excellent customer service
- Behave in a manner consistent with IDEA’s Core Values to deliver on core competencies
- High School Diploma required; Associate’s Degree with coursework in business administration, management or related field desired
- Region One Certification
- DOT Physical and Mental Examination
- Valid Louisiana Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with class P (passenger) and S (school bus) endorsements
- Three years of student transportation experience and two years of experience dispatching school buses on fixed and variable route assignments
Selection Process: After submitting your online application, IDEA will review your materials. Candidates with a track record of success who pass the initial application screening will be invited to a phone or video interview. Candidates who are successful with this interview and performance assessment will move into final consideration by the hiring manager.
Application Instructions: please click the button below to go to the IDEAS Schools job page. Once there, select “Apply Now” in the upper left-hand corner of this page. You will then be taken to the application portal entrance. After you create a new profile, you will be able to apply directly for this role. If you have already created a profile, you may simply log in to begin your application.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization’s compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.