Reports to Director of Performance & Accountability
About Algiers Charter
Since our inception in 2005, Algiers Charter has proudly served as a staple in the educational community. From our very first day, we operated with the belief that all students can achieve educational success. As we transition to a two-school organization, our commitment to excellence and student achievement has never been stronger. We are forging a strategic path forward to build upon our growth and we are seeking dynamic educational leaders with a proven track record of success to help take our organization to the next level.
The educational landscape in New Orleans is one that requires significant and unrelenting performance and accountability. Our strategic plan for 2020 and beyond has unique operational, staffing and instructional designs so if you are ready to share our vision and commitment to student achievement and pathways, we invite you to submit an application to join our team.
What Success Means In This Position
The Business Manager manages the school financial transactions under the supervision of the school Principal.
Position Description & Expectations
- Responsible for receiving and accurately recording school finances that originate from student activities.
- Responsible for placing all school orders and the purchasing/requisition process
- Reconcile bank accounts with journal entries
- Maintain accurate records of inventories for supplies, equipment and textbooks
- Assists school clerical staff as required
- Responsible for ensuring that financial information and data is provided; that it is timely, comprehensive, and accurate and it enables the school to plan and take appropriate management action.
- Responsible for the financial management of any new major projects.
- Ensure that the school meets all statutory and legal requirements concerning information and financial management, and to liaise with external auditors and other external organizations.
- Recommend to the Principal any internal controls needed to assure the fiscal integrity of school finances, and monitor compliance with approved controls.
- Must follow Act 1066 of the Regular Sessions LSA-RS 17:414.3 School fund, management, expenditure, and accounting; duties of school Principal.
- Performs other duties that may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Three to five years of experience directly related to finance/accounting
- Experience in the education sector or non-profit
- Knowledge and experience with computerized accounting software and the ability to operate spreadsheets
Click to apply
This job will be posted until filled.