Athlos Academy of Jefferson Parish is looking for a Behavior Specialist. Athlos is a new, tuition-free public charter school in Terrytown serving students in grades K-6 beginning in the 2018-2019 school year.
The school’s mission is to provide high-quality educational opportunities for the whole child built on the three foundational pillars: Prepared Mind, Healthy Body, and Performance Character. Students will participate in four scientifically developed physical activity sessions each week, performance character is integrated into the culture of the school, and high academic achievement is an expectation for all students.
Reports to: Dean
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education: Two-year post-secondary education
Experience Required: Classroom experience preferred
Characteristics of the Successful Candidate:
- Growth mindset
- Reflective practitioner
- Creative problem solver
- Willing to take risks
- Highly organized
- Effective at time management
- Seeks out professional learning
- Willing to continue to learn and try new strategies/ protocols
- Willing to plan and work collaboratively with a team
- Able to build relationships with students from a variety of backgrounds
- Good communicator and active listener
- Assists with management of student behavior and discipline.
- Uses the classroom management plan consistent with the school’s positive behavior support plan.
- Assists with student discipline including de-escalation and removal of disruptive students from class.
- Undergoes training in managing the behavior of students per IEP requirements.
- Helps supervise students in all areas of the school including pick-up/drop-off, recess, lunch, etc.
- Communicates student needs to general and special education teachers when appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records within SWIS.
- Potentially meets with parent/guardians to discuss students’ needs and progress.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com