Assistant Teacher – French – International School of Louisiana (2021-22)
Assistant Teacher – French
Our mission at International School of Louisiana is to provide a challenging education emphasizing language immersion, international awareness, the celebration of diversity and community responsibility. The employee must understand and support the school mission.
Responsible for assisting with the general supervision and management of a class including individual and group instructions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work cooperatively with the classroom teacher to implement the curriculum
- Work with Classroom Teachers and others to support ISL’s Multi Tiered System of Support (MTSS) through “pushing in” to the classroom as well as “pulling-out” students in small group or individually for interventions.
- Steps in the role of the lead teacher in their absence
- Assist in planning and preparing the learning environment and preparing needed materials and supplies.
- Helps to provide a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process
- Models professional behavior when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community.
- Attends all staff meetings, recommended training programs, conferences and school functions.
- Interacts collaboratively and productively with school site personnel
- Expresses thoughts professionally in oral and written language
- Possesses adequate technology skills
- Keeps abreast of current research, trends and issues in education by engaging in professional development activities
- Documents and/or report attendance as prescribed by school, supplying all necessary documents for processing of payment for services
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintains compliance with all school policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications, Education and Work Experience:
- Associate degree and 3 years’ experience working with children in an educational environment.
- Target language proficiency where appropriate
- Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated
- Demonstrates strong work ethic to achieve school goals
- Displays effective multi-tasking and time management skills
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and the work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) ;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 40 pounds;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements;
- Normal setting for this job is an .
- ISL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires ISL to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.
Employee acknowledges that he/she is required to maintain a high standard of professional conduct. Breach of said professional conduct includes but is not limited to: neglect of duty, dishonesty, and engagement in acts that are contrary to ISL policy, unlawful activities, or any other conduct which is seriously prejudicial to the school system.
This position will be evaluated on duties referenced in this job description, engagement in continuous, purposeful professional growth and development and professional responsibilities.
Chain of Supervision: Supervising Teacher, Assistant Principal, and/or Principal