About ReNEW’s School Turnaround AmeriCorps Program:
Established in 2013, ReNEW AmeriCorps recruits 25 members every year to support and maximize the school improvement process. ReNEW’s School Turnaround AmeriCorps Program is designed to assist each ReNEW campus in daily interventions in literacy and math to at-risk students. ReNEW AmeriCorps members serve in a full-time capacity.
A More Detailed Description:
- Utilize school-wide academic goals to drive intervention focused on students that are 2+ years below grade level.
- Collect, track, and analyze student academic data using various tools such as SchoolRunner, Google Sheets, Kahoot, etc.
- Manage intervention resources in an organized manner; record time served on timesheets and submit on a semi-monthly basis.
- Engage in monthly network professional development seminars.
- Cultivate and maintain an outstanding rapport with teachers, families, and other school staff; be able to receive constructive feedback during observations.
- Provide students with excellent intervention tactics, exceptional behavior management skills, and build a sense of self-confidence.
You Would Be a Great Fit If:
- Have the ability to work well with a diverse group of people and want to give back to your community through service work.
- Willing to commit 9-10 hours daily from July 2019-May 2020, completing 1200 service hours.
- Have reliable transportation and at least 48 college credits (or passed the Praxis/Parapro).
What We Offer:
- An AmeriCorps living stipend up to $19,000
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance package
- Assistance applying for food stamps
- Loan forbearance
- Childcare assistance
- Education award of $4, 266.50 upon successful completion of all service requirements
How to Apply:
- Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The subject line should read: First name Last name: AC Tutor Position.
- Questions about this position or the application process can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
*This position is dependent upon annual grant approval