In 1998, FirstLine Schools started the first charter school in New Orleans. FirstLine now operates four K-8th grade schools and a high school. Our mission is to create and inspire great open admissions public schools in New Orleans.
Our faculty is a diverse and talented group dedicated to our students’ success and to their own growth as teachers. Our schools are led by leaders who hold themselves accountable for student achievement and teacher development.
Position Summary (Late March Start)
The Accounts Payable Coordinator oversees the processing of invoices and vendor payments.
The Accounts Payable Coordinator’s key workstreams are as follows:
- Vendor payments and accounting
- Employee expense reimbursements
Vendor payments and accounting
- Records financial activity and ensures vendor payments are posted to the correct account and budget line item
- Ensures timely payment of invoices
- Initiates weekly check runs
- Works closely with the Controller to recognize when a budget manager is approaching or has exceeded their budget
- Reports any unusual financial activity to Controller and/or Director of Finance
- Reviews accounts payable for completeness and correctness monthly
Employee Expense Reimbursements
- Codes and processes employee expense reimbursements
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as required
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of an associates degree in accounting and/or experience working in an organization with approximately $40M budget and with 700-750 monthly transactions.
- Experience working in a charter school or public school setting (strongly preferred)
Desired Qualities & Characteristics:
- Commitment to FirstLine Schools’ mission and vision
- Achievement orientation with a focus on goals and result
- Initiative and drive for continuous improvement
- Proficient with information technology
- Track record of leading and supporting a successful team
- Ability to represent the organization to a variety of audiences and to craft messages to meet various needs
- Believe in every student’s ability to achieve in a rigorous college or career prep curriculum
- Achieve results based on agreed-upon expectations and take personal responsibility
- Highly detail-oriented
- Collaborate effectively with a range of stakeholders and exhibit strong service-orientation
Model the FirstLine Commitments
- We Keep Learning
- We Work Together
- We Are Helpful
- We Are the Safekeepers of our Community
- We Share Joy
- We Show Results
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
- Light lifting of equipment may be required (up to 20 lbs.)
Accounts Payable Coordinator reports to: Controller
How to Apply: Please apply online via: http://www.firstlineschools.org/careers
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. FirstLine Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package with a generous 403b plan.
FirstLine Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.