Hurricane Ida Recovery Resources
LATEST INFORMATION FOR LOUISIANA
- HurricaneRecovery.la.gov is now live. Anyone in Louisiana affected by Hurricane Ida can use it to find important updates, information, and links to resources.
- State Rep Aimee Adatto Freeman created a website for recovery resources.
- Text Home to 504-529-4444 to learn more about your specific parish and the latest emergency information.
- For up-to-date and current #HurricaneIda Information – connect to Twitter @Louisiana211
- ☎ dial 211 or 1-800-755-5175 (for out-of-state #HurricaneIda survivors)
- Mobile phone Text LASHELTER to 898-211 (shelter info)
- Mobile phone Text LADSNAP to 898-211 (DSNAP status updates)
For all schools in buildings owned by the Orleans Parish School Board (OPSB):
o As documented by the Charter School Facilities Lease, the “OPSB shall maintain casualty all-risk property damage, including wind, contents, equipment breakdown and flood insurance for the Premises in accordance with OPSB’s policies and procedures.”
o Chief Operations Officer Tiffany Delcour has communicated with all of you on several occasions about the required Post Storm Assessment Survey. Complete this as required to fulfill your notification requirements.
o According to Jill Couvillon with Gallagher, schools will also likely have coverage for contents and other coverages that may be applicable to damage inside the school building, so to ensure maximum coverage report any damages sustained to your school’s insurance broker and ask them for assistance in submitting the proper claim.
For schools in your own buildings:
o Schools procure property damage coverage through their own insurance broker. So, all damages sustained, including damage to the buildings and contents, should be reported to your school’s insurance broker and ask them for assistance in submitting the proper claim. Schools may need help with maximizing claim amounts, so please feel free to connect with us if you need assistance.
Remember to take lots of photos of all damage, including all damaged items. Also, for your contents claims, create a list of all damaged contents that includes every single damaged item, no matter how small.
LATEST INFORMATION FOR EAST BATON ROUGE PARISH
Check out EBR Schools for meal locations and distributions.
LATEST INFORMATION FOR ORLEANS PARISH
Information & Resources
- NOLA Ready – Text NOLAREADY to 77295 for updates
- What’s Open?: Where to find gas, groceries, and more.
- Community Power Map (Charging Stations) – local businesses & residences with access to charging stations
- Emergency Legal Responders – Louisiana-based attorneys, advocates, and community members providing direct legal services to those affected by disasters
Resource Calendar – See a full list of resources available here. Includes dates and times they’ll be available.
Oxygen Exchange Sites
- Oxygen exchange locations (open 8am-6pm):
- New Orleans Fire Station 1, 2920 Magazine St.
- New Orleans Fire Station 36, 5403 Read Blvd.
- New Orleans Fire Station 6, 4500 Old Gentilly Rd.
New Orleans Fire Station 40, 2500 General de Gaulle Dr.
FIRST AID STATION
Central City Senior Center, 2101 Phillip Street
Running daily, 24/7
Services: Oxygen exchange, Medical device charging, Basic health assessments, and Minimal prescribing ability, no meds available onsite.
Orleans Parish Government
- All nola.gov websites are currently down right now, including ready.nola.gov.
- We’ll be communicating important Hurricane #Ida information via social media and over text.
- Text NOLAREADY to 77295.
- Executive Order mandating a city-wide curfew, effective immediately for all residents from 8pm -6am.
- Following Hurricane #Ida, many #NOLA residents are in need of food.
- Free meals are available at the following locations today, August 31.
- St. Roch Park
- Time: 1pm-3pm
- Location: 1800 St Roch Ave
- Harmony Oaks
- Time: 1:30pm-3:30pm
- Location: 2514 Washington Ave
- St Maria Goretti Church
- Time: 1:30pm-3:30pm
- Location: 7300 Crowder Blvd
- New Philippians Church
- Time: 1:30pm-3:30pm
- Location: 5234 N Claiborne Blvd
- Arthur Monday Center
- Time: 1pm-3pm
- Location: 1111 Newton St
- Rosenwald Rec Center
- Time: 3pm-5pm
- Location: 1120 S Broad St
- Life Transformation Community Center
- Time: 4pm-6pm
- Location: 8606 Mark St
- Need to cool off and charge devices?
- Cooling Centers are open starting TODAY through Friday from 8am–6pm.
- There will be charging stations, water & AC, available to #NOLA residents.
- Pets are also welcome!
- See the following list of locations:
- Treme Rec Center (900 N Villere St)
- Cut Off Rec Center (6600 Belgrade St)
- Gernon Brown Rec Center (1001 Harrison Ave)
- Milne Rec Center (5420 Franklin Ave)
- Stallings St. Claude Rec Center (4300 St Claude)
- John P Lyons Rec Center (624 Louisiana Ave)
- Joe W Brown Rec Center (5601 Read Blvd)
- Rosenwald Rec Center (1120 S Broad Ave)
- Calendar: trumba.com/calendars/HurricaneIda
- Follow on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Orleans Parish Schools
LATEST INFORMATION FOR JEFFERSON PARISH
Jefferson Parish Government
- All Jefferson Parish government buildings will be closed through Friday, September 3, 2021 at this time.
- If you evacuated before Hurricane Ida, Jefferson Parish leaders request that you not return until further notice. Power remains out with hazards on the road.
- In need of shelter, water, food? Call 504-349-5360.
- For the latest on Jefferson Parish recovery efforts, visit the Jefferson Parish Hurricane Season Dashboard and the Jefferson Parish website.
Jefferson Parish Schools
- Jefferson Parish Schools are closed until further notice.
- For more information and updates from Jefferson Parish Schools, visit their website.
LATEST INFORMATION FOR ST. TAMMANY PARISH
- Point of Distribution at First Baptist Church Covington now open; ice, MREs & water available
- Water cases now available at Academy Sports (Covington) while supplies
- Residents affected by Hurricane Ida can apply for FEMA assistance by:
- Visiting disasterassistance.gov
- Calling 800-621-3362 between 6am-10pm
- If you have experienced damage and have homeowners or renters insurance, contact your insurance company or agent to file a claim. Document your damages via photographs and lists of damaged property and items.
Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport
- Click here to see outages in your area.
- 24/7 Emergency Line: 866.322.8667
- Call 24/7 emergency line if you have a damaged natural gas meter, are smelling natural gas, cannot access your natural gas meter, suspect a natural gas leak, etc.
- Check for outages here.
- Call 1-866-272-5777 for support
- Text Cox at 36009 with questions – 24-hour support
@JeffParishGov Twitter 9/1: In need of water, ice, MREs & tarps? Supplies are available for JP residents now at the Alario Center (2000 Segnette Blvd) and the Shrine on Airline (6000 Airline Dr)