Posted On: 04/08/2011
Do you need help supporting, training and growing your school board?
Don’t worry, we have you covered.
The Louisiana Association of Public Charter Schools is thrilled to announce that we are partnering with The High Bar, a nationally renowned charter school resource, to provide you with the tools necessary to ensure your board is working as strategically and effectively as possible.
The High Bar is comprised of education leaders who bring their combined decades of experience to the challenging issues surrounding charter school governance. Their unique combination of school board strategy and technical know-how has made The High Bar the foremost resource in its field, utilized by charter schools from Boston to right here in New Orleans.
Since their initial launch in 2009, The High Bar has continuously updated and refined their program, polishing it into a seamless, go-to resource for managing charter school boards.
Once our partnership details are finalized, we will provide a full list of new services available to you through this partnership, including The High Bar’s hallmark programs, BoardOnTrack and BoardSavvy.
BoardOnTrack is a data-driven governance system, offering a web-based, goal-centered platform to keep your board working efficiently and effectively. The application features include:
- A board organizer that helps you take minutes, develop agendas, schedule meetings, distribute meeting documents, and more
- A goals tracker to coordinate the efforts of the full board, committees, individual members, and your school leader
- Tools to build institutional memory thus storing board minutes, agendas, and any other documents you want to share, and need to archive
BoardSavvy acts as your virtual board coach, providing the tools and training that you need, when you need it. The application provides timely, mission-critical information including:
- Webinars which let you interact with industry experts and peers
- Reminders to keep you on track to accomplish key governance items
- Samples that provide road-tested wisdom
- Training videos which guide you through essential information
The correlation is clear: excellent charter school boards equal excellent charter schools. The importance of high-quality governance cannot be understated, as it sets the tone for the achievement and impact of each charter school. We are committed to ensuring Louisiana continues to be the national model for charter school excellence, and top-notch school boards are a key piece of the puzzle. Working together, we can guarantee all boards clear the “high bar” for optimal student success.
Contact: Sarah Baird
About Louisiana Association of Public Charter Schools
The Louisiana Association of Public Charter Schools (LAPCS) is a 501c3 non profit organization whose mission is to increase student achievement by supporting, promoting, and advocating for the quality charter school movement.