School Developer Membership
Why become a member of the Louisiana Association of Public Charter Schools? It comes down to two simple reasons:
1. Resources: What we provide
- Access to an exclusive funding opportunity: the High Quality Charter Grant Program through the Walton Family Foundation’s Start-up Grant Program. School developer members may apply for a grant of $250,000 to offset start-up costs. Additionally, LAPCS regularly sends members information about other grant opportunities.
- Access to newsletters with legislative updates, technical knowledge and key dates, and funding opportunities.
- Access to workshops on relevant topics, including board governance, financial management, running an effective Special Education program and more!
2. Networking: How We Keep You Connected
- Access to mentor charter leaders to guide you through difficult charter operation questions.
- Discounted registration for the LAPCS annual conference.
- Discounts and access to workshops, professional development opportunities, and monthly membership convenings.
While LAPCS does not advocate on behalf of your charter school application and cannot guarantee the approval of your charter application, we will help guide you through the process with the authorizer.